Mike Burke, Head of Sustainable Development, Natural England, tells us about the lessons that can be learned about nature through the coronavirus outbreak.
Today we explored why the introduction of Highly Protected Marine Areas could be important for marine protection and recovery.
A look into why Natural England has been recognised for achievements in wellbeing and mental health.
Jen Almond, Natural England’s District Level Licensing Programme Manager, on the progress to date of Natural England’s newt (GCN) licensing.
Natural England Chair Tony Juniper discusses the use of natural flood management techniques to reduce the risk of flooding in the future
New charges introduced for great crested newt mitigation licences.
Alice Lord, Natural Capital and Ecosystem Approach Specialist at Natural England, tells us about the newly-launched ‘National Natural Capital Atlas’.
Project Manager at Natural England, Charlotte Rose, tells us about Natural England’s new mailbox for protected sites casework. Today we have launched a new Single Point of Contact for protected sites casework. From this date, customers requesting our consent, assent …
Dave Slater, Natural England’s Acting Director for species licensing work, takes a look at Natural England’s licensing statistics for 2018 and 2019.
Jen Almond, Natural England’s District Level Licensing Programme Manager, tells us about the latest development in the innovative project to better support great crested newt populations as well as reducing delays for developers.
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Natural England's Climate Change Adaptation Plan 28 January 2022
- An important step for England’s landscapes: welcoming the new Natural England Landscape Advisory Panel 27 January 2022
- Updates to planning guidance to help safeguard England’s protected species and ancient woodland, ancient and veteran trees 24 January 2022
- Have your say in shaping biodiversity net gain 11 January 2022
- Tony Juniper: second term is a chance to strengthen partnerships for Nature’s recovery 21 December 2021