Natural England Chair Tony Juniper discusses the use of natural flood management techniques to reduce the risk of flooding in the future
New charges introduced for great crested newt mitigation licences.
Alice Lord, Natural Capital and Ecosystem Approach Specialist at Natural England, tells us about the newly-launched ‘National Natural Capital Atlas’.
Project Manager at Natural England, Charlotte Rose, tells us about Natural England’s new mailbox for protected sites casework. Today we have launched a new Single Point of Contact for protected sites casework. From this date, customers requesting our consent, assent …
Dave Slater, Natural England’s Acting Director for species licensing work, takes a look at Natural England’s licensing statistics for 2018 and 2019.
Jen Almond, Natural England’s District Level Licensing Programme Manager, tells us about the latest development in the innovative project to better support great crested newt populations as well as reducing delays for developers.
Peat pilots will help revive and restore some of England's historic and iconic peatlands.
Today, there has been claims that Natural England is “crowdfunding” to deliver its statutory functions. These claims are simply untrue.
A blog from Dr. Jen Almond, District Level Licensing Project Manager at Natural England on District Level Licensing.
We look at the work of Dr Alice Noble, who recently completed her iCASE PhD at the University of Leeds.
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- District level licensing for great crested newts – by numbers! 11 December 2020
- HS2’s Green Corridor prospectus – an important step towards ensuring the project delivers an environmental legacy 10 December 2020
- Tony Juniper – restoring Nature is providing (sustainable) food for thought 4 December 2020
- Marine protection sites: How did we get here and where do we go from here? 3 December 2020
- Tony Juniper – A tree-pronged approach to restoring Nature 3 December 2020