Today we explored why the introduction of Highly Protected Marine Areas could be important for marine protection and recovery.
A look into why Natural England has been recognised for achievements in wellbeing and mental health.
Jen Almond, Natural England’s District Level Licensing Programme Manager, on the progress to date of Natural England’s newt (GCN) licensing.
Natural England Chair Tony Juniper discusses the use of natural flood management techniques to reduce the risk of flooding in the future
New charges introduced for great crested newt mitigation licences.
Alice Lord, Natural Capital and Ecosystem Approach Specialist at Natural England, tells us about the newly-launched ‘National Natural Capital Atlas’.
Project Manager at Natural England, Charlotte Rose, tells us about Natural England’s new mailbox for protected sites casework. Today we have launched a new Single Point of Contact for protected sites casework. From this date, customers requesting our consent, assent …
Dave Slater, Natural England’s Acting Director for species licensing work, takes a look at Natural England’s licensing statistics for 2018 and 2019.
Jen Almond, Natural England’s District Level Licensing Programme Manager, tells us about the latest development in the innovative project to better support great crested newt populations as well as reducing delays for developers.
Peat pilots will help revive and restore some of England's historic and iconic peatlands.
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Nature-based Solutions for Climate Change at the Landscape Scale: a new £12.5m pilot programme 23 July 2021
- Biodiversity Metric 3.0 – a milestone moment for biodiversity net gain 21 July 2021
- Peatland Discovery Grant launched to support the next waves of peatland restoration 7 July 2021
- Natural England licensing statistics for 2020 28 June 2021
- Collaboration is key to delivering more for nature and people through our National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty 5 June 2021