Imagine a world where there are nature rich spaces, open and accessible to everybody, within a mile from everybody’s homes. The things that give our landscapes character and sense of place, such as dry-stone walls of the Yorkshire Dales, the …
Interim Chief Executive, Natural England.
Howard Davies, Chief Executive of the National Association for AONBs, Paul Hamblin, Executive Director of National Parks England, and Marian Spain, Chief Executive of Natural England reflect on the first anniversary of publication of Julian Glover’s Landscapes Review.
Natural England’s CEO Marian Spain tells us about Natural England’s brand new set of statistics which seeks to understand the role of nature in the nation’s health and wellbeing.
Marian Spain, Natural England's chief executive, on the organisation's priorities for upcoming year.
Marian Spain outlines Natural England’s new vision and mission.
Marian Spain visits two farms in Oxfordshire with the National Farmers Union (NFU) and our Head of Agriculture, Geoff Sansome.
Natural England's interim chief executive Marian Spain gives a further update on general licences, as Defra issues three new licences
Natural England chief executive Marian Spain discusses the £1.4m Growing Care Farming project, aiming to significantly increase the number of care farm places available each year.
Following Natural England's evidence session with the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs select committee, interim chief executive Marian Spain offers a further update on general licences.
Natural England's interim chief executive Marian Spain provides a further update on general licences
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- District level licensing for great crested newts – by numbers! 11 December 2020
- HS2’s Green Corridor prospectus – an important step towards ensuring the project delivers an environmental legacy 10 December 2020
- Tony Juniper – restoring Nature is providing (sustainable) food for thought 4 December 2020
- Marine protection sites: How did we get here and where do we go from here? 3 December 2020
- Tony Juniper – A tree-pronged approach to restoring Nature 3 December 2020