The Cotswold Water Park was created and continues to expand as a result of mineral mining activity across Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Oxfordshire. It comprises of over 170 lakes, and is an incredibly important place for biodiversity, recreation, continued mineral operations …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Biodiversity Metric Milestone - Defra consultation on the biodiversity metric 5 August 2022
- Natural England’s response to avian influenza in wild birds – August 2022 4 August 2022
- Celebrating the Children and Nature Programme – how learning in nature supports children’s mental and physical health, social skills and attainment 25 July 2022
- Nutrient mitigation scheme can help provide the nature and housing we need 22 July 2022
- Bees’ Needs: Why Air Pollution matters to Pollinators 21 July 2022