Natural England has licensed the re-introduction in Norfolk of white-tailed eagles – one of England’s lost native species. Dave Slater, Director for wildlife licensing cases, explains the decision and how it came to pass. White-tailed eagles were once widespread throughout …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Nature-based Solutions for Climate Change at the Landscape Scale: a new £12.5m pilot programme 23 July 2021
- Biodiversity Metric 3.0 – a milestone moment for biodiversity net gain 21 July 2021
- Peatland Discovery Grant launched to support the next waves of peatland restoration 7 July 2021
- Natural England licensing statistics for 2020 28 June 2021
- Collaboration is key to delivering more for nature and people through our National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty 5 June 2021