My connection with nature started when I was a small boy, aged 9, sat by a small pond no more than 10 feet across, watching sticklebacks swimming around in the weeds. As I sat there a kingfisher arrived and started …
Alan Law is Natural England’s Chief Officer for Strategy and Reform.
Alan Law is Natural England’s Chief Officer for Strategy and Reform. Here he writes about Natural England’s innovative new approach to protecting important wildlife – like the great crested newt – while reducing burdens on developers.
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Looking ahead to COP28 30 November 2023
- Natural England to publish updated nutrient budget calculators, and Tees Round 4 rescheduled 30 November 2023
- LIFE in the Ravines: planting for the future 27 November 2023
- The Countryside Code: CBBC Newsround 24 November 2023
- The England Species Reintroduction Taskforce - the story continues 22 November 2023