For World Soil Day, Natural England soils specialist Dr Matthew Shepherd demonstrates kitchen science experiments showing how to better understand our soil.
Dr Matthew Shepherd
Humble soil has been enjoying a spot in the limelight lately. Environment Secretary Michael Gove has stressed the importance of soil fertility to protect the productivity of UK earth for farmers and growers. Last week Farming Minister George Eustice outlined …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Biodiversity Net Gain – more than just a number 21 September 2021
- Restoration Grants awarded to restore thousands of hectares of peatland 17 September 2021
- Shaping the future of Nature Recovery: Developing Local Nature Recovery Strategies 27 August 2021
- An update on another encouraging year for breeding Hen Harriers in England 13 August 2021
- Nature-based Solutions for Climate Change at the Landscape Scale: a new £12.5m pilot programme 23 July 2021