30 years on, Natural England's Ian Evans tells is his experience of the ground-breaking species reintroduction project in 1990.
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Dearne Valley Wetlands SSSI notification 13 May 2021
- White-tailed eagles set for return to East Anglia 10 May 2021
- Natural England publishes major new report on carbon storage and sequestration by habitat 20 April 2021
- Bat licensing at Jones Hill Wood 31 March 2021
- Swanscombe cements its place among England’s finest nature sites – James Seymour, Area Manager for Kent and Sussex 12 March 2021