Mel Hughes, Natural England's Sustainable Development Programme Director welcomes government's ambitions for greener building under #ProjectSpeed.
Mel Hughes is our national Director of Change & Reform. Following the announcement of funding for a national roll-out of district licensing, she reflects on the benefits this will have on great crested newt conservation. What an important couple of …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Biodiversity Metric Milestone - Defra consultation on the biodiversity metric 5 August 2022
- Natural England’s response to avian influenza in wild birds – August 2022 4 August 2022
- Celebrating the Children and Nature Programme – how learning in nature supports children’s mental and physical health, social skills and attainment 25 July 2022
- Nutrient mitigation scheme can help provide the nature and housing we need 22 July 2022
- Bees’ Needs: Why Air Pollution matters to Pollinators 21 July 2022