Mel Hughes, Natural England's Sustainable Development Programme Director welcomes government's ambitions for greener building under #ProjectSpeed.
Mel Hughes is our national Director of Change & Reform. Following the announcement of funding for a national roll-out of district licensing, she reflects on the benefits this will have on great crested newt conservation. What an important couple of …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Developers share experiences of successfully delivering biodiversity net gain 3 October 2023
- Nutrient mitigation scheme continues to unlock new homes and protect our waterways. 2 October 2023
- State of Nature 29 September 2023
- Nature Returns 25 September 2023
- Further increase in English Hen Harrier numbers recorded in 2023 16 September 2023