Mel Hughes, Natural England's Sustainable Development Programme Director welcomes government's ambitions for greener building under #ProjectSpeed.
Mel Hughes is our national Director of Change & Reform. Following the announcement of funding for a national roll-out of district licensing, she reflects on the benefits this will have on great crested newt conservation. What an important couple of …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Enhancing England’s urban green spaces 30 September 2020
- Working together for our National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty 23 September 2020
- Green shoots of recovery following devastating wild fire 18 September 2020
- Clarifying Natural England’s position on raptor persecution and recent media coverage 17 September 2020
- Making Space for Nature – 10 years on 16 September 2020