Mel Hughes, Natural England's Sustainable Development Programme Director, discusses the National Infrastructure Strategy.
Mel Hughes, Natural England's Sustainable Development Programme Director welcomes government's ambitions for greener building under #ProjectSpeed.
Mel Hughes is our national Director of Change & Reform. Following the announcement of funding for a national roll-out of district licensing, she reflects on the benefits this will have on great crested newt conservation. What an important couple of …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- District level licensing for great crested newts – by numbers! 11 December 2020
- HS2’s Green Corridor prospectus – an important step towards ensuring the project delivers an environmental legacy 10 December 2020
- Tony Juniper – restoring Nature is providing (sustainable) food for thought 4 December 2020
- Marine protection sites: How did we get here and where do we go from here? 3 December 2020
- Tony Juniper – A tree-pronged approach to restoring Nature 3 December 2020