Mel Hughes, Natural England's Sustainable Development Programme Director welcomes government's ambitions for greener building under #ProjectSpeed.
Mel Hughes is our national Director of Change & Reform. Following the announcement of funding for a national roll-out of district licensing, she reflects on the benefits this will have on great crested newt conservation. What an important couple of …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Tony Juniper - significant steps towards a green industrial revolution 18 November 2020
- Individual licences to control birds - how Natural England will manage applications in 2021 16 November 2020
- England wide action for Nature. What we can achieve together 13 November 2020
- Working with farmers and Lead Local Flood Authorities to reduce flood risk 12 November 2020
- Blanket bogs, a natural asset 4 November 2020