It has been great to see the growing amount of coverage in the news about Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG), including a recent episode of BBC Countryfile. Under the Government’s flagship Environment Bill, both Town and Country Planning Act (TCPA) and …
Publishing Biodiversity Metric 3.0 was a landmark moment for biodiversity net gain, it will become the metric used to calculate and evidence whether a project has achieved the biodiversity net gain requirements set out in the Environment Bill. Biodiversity Net …
Mel Hughes, Natural England's Sustainable Development Programme Director, discusses the National Infrastructure Strategy.
Mel Hughes, Natural England's Sustainable Development Programme Director welcomes government's ambitions for greener building under #ProjectSpeed.
Mel Hughes is our national Director of Change & Reform. Following the announcement of funding for a national roll-out of district licensing, she reflects on the benefits this will have on great crested newt conservation. What an important couple of …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Biodiversity Net Gain – more than just a number 21 September 2021
- Restoration Grants awarded to restore thousands of hectares of peatland 17 September 2021
- Shaping the future of Nature Recovery: Developing Local Nature Recovery Strategies 27 August 2021
- An update on another encouraging year for breeding Hen Harriers in England 13 August 2021
- Nature-based Solutions for Climate Change at the Landscape Scale: a new £12.5m pilot programme 23 July 2021