Mel Hughes, Natural England's Sustainable Development Programme Director welcomes government's ambitions for greener building under #ProjectSpeed.
Mel Hughes is our national Director of Change & Reform. Following the announcement of funding for a national roll-out of district licensing, she reflects on the benefits this will have on great crested newt conservation. What an important couple of …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Wild bird licensing stocktake - an evolving process 24 July 2020
- A conservation success story: the reintroduction of red kites 30 years ago 21 July 2020
- Tony Juniper on the Secretary of State’s Green Recovery speech 20 July 2020
- Launching our new Science, Evidence and Evaluation Strategy 17 July 2020
- New arrivals and fond farewells 16 July 2020