By Mike Prince, Natural England The England Peat Map project is mapping the extent, depth and condition of England’s peat, using new and existing field survey data, satellite Earth observation, and a variety of modelling methods. Mapping England’s peat can …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- POSEIDON: Changing the game for offshore wind and nature 1 February 2023
- A blueprint for a better future: new Green Infrastructure advice 24 January 2023
- A resolution to restore our natural world in 2023 19 January 2023
- Towards a sustainable future for Penwith Moors 17 January 2023
- Working towards a Peat Data Standard 12 January 2023