Natural habitats, such as peatlands, forests, saltmarsh and grasslands contain large amounts of carbon and will play an important part in reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions. There are two aspects to this: stopping emissions from damaged habitats and starting …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Biodiversity Net Gain – more than just a number 21 September 2021
- Restoration Grants awarded to restore thousands of hectares of peatland 17 September 2021
- Shaping the future of Nature Recovery: Developing Local Nature Recovery Strategies 27 August 2021
- An update on another encouraging year for breeding Hen Harriers in England 13 August 2021
- Nature-based Solutions for Climate Change at the Landscape Scale: a new £12.5m pilot programme 23 July 2021