Climate change is a threat to the species and wild places we love, but if we look after nature better, we can also reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases and build the resilience of people and nature. Climate change is …
Dr Mike Morecroft, Natural England's Principal Specialist on climate change, reflects on the new target for net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, and the role Natural England has to play in meeting this.
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Tony Juniper - significant steps towards a green industrial revolution 18 November 2020
- Individual licences to control birds - how Natural England will manage applications in 2021 16 November 2020
- England wide action for Nature. What we can achieve together 13 November 2020
- Working with farmers and Lead Local Flood Authorities to reduce flood risk 12 November 2020
- Blanket bogs, a natural asset 4 November 2020