Climate change is a threat to the species and wild places we love, but if we look after nature better, we can also reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases and build the resilience of people and nature. Climate change is …
Dr Mike Morecroft, Natural England's Principal Specialist on climate change, reflects on the new target for net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, and the role Natural England has to play in meeting this.
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Licensing for the control of birds – how decisions are made 9 July 2020
- Forty-four Natural Capital Atlases released across England 8 July 2020
- Building Greener 3 July 2020
- Climate change, biodiversity and Nature-based Solutions 22 June 2020
- People and Nature Survey: How are we connecting with nature during the coronavirus pandemic? 12 June 2020