Natural England has licensed the re-introduction in Norfolk of white-tailed eagles – one of England’s lost native species. Dave Slater, Director for wildlife licensing cases, explains the decision and how it came to pass. White-tailed eagles were once widespread throughout …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- New scheme to protect our waterways from pollution and enable home building set to launch 25 November 2022
- Establishing a conservation breeding programme for hen harriers in southern England 23 November 2022
- Reflections on a Summer Festival of National Nature Reserves 17 October 2022
- Catchment Sensitive Farming: supporting farmers across England 14 October 2022
- Hot off the press: Natural England’s research to support offshore wind 11 October 2022