Our Chief Executive, James Cross, reflects on attending the MP Species Champions Awards and celebrates the HLF-funded Back from the Brink project. Last year Natural England launched our new conservation strategy, Conservation 21, to bring about a fundamental shift in nature …
The Chief Executive of Natural England tells us about putting people at the heart of the environment and making this one of our key themes of Conservation 21 – Natural England’s Conservation Strategy for the 21st Century. Helping people to …
James Cross, Chief Executive of Natural England, tells us about the benefits that our green spaces can have for mental health and wellbeing. We will all know somebody, probably more than one, who has been affected by mental health problems or dementia. …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- The Story of the Cotswold Water Park SSSI 30 September 2021
- Biodiversity Net Gain – more than just a number 21 September 2021
- Restoration Grants awarded to restore thousands of hectares of peatland 17 September 2021
- Shaping the future of Nature Recovery: Developing Local Nature Recovery Strategies 27 August 2021
- An update on another encouraging year for breeding Hen Harriers in England 13 August 2021