July is the time when Shropshire’s Stiperstones hills turn purple, transformed by the flowering of the heather which dominates this upland heathland. Confined mainly to the western coast of Europe, upland heathlands are a very important habitat in the UK. …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Licensing for the control of birds – how decisions are made 9 July 2020
- Forty-four Natural Capital Atlases released across England 8 July 2020
- Building Greener 3 July 2020
- Climate change, biodiversity and Nature-based Solutions 22 June 2020
- People and Nature Survey: How are we connecting with nature during the coronavirus pandemic? 12 June 2020