Jonathan Larwood, Natural England Principal Geodiversity Adviser, celebrates the second ever International Geodiversity Day and its theme of ‘Geodiversity is for everyone’. International Geodiversity Day is an annual global celebration, supported by UNESCO, of all aspects of geodiversity. This year’s …
By Jonathan Larwood, Principal Adviser – Geodiversity, Natural England The world’s first International Geodiversity Day will be celebrated on the 6th October. This annual event was established by UNESCO in November 2021 following a proposal from 109 international and national …
Dr Jonathan Larwood, a geologist at Natural England, tells us about the treasures to be found on our geologically diverse coastline. We’re incredibly lucky that England is one of the most geologically diverse places in the world. Where better to …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Looking ahead to COP28 30 November 2023
- Natural England to publish updated nutrient budget calculators, and Tees Round 4 rescheduled 30 November 2023
- LIFE in the Ravines: planting for the future 27 November 2023
- The Countryside Code: CBBC Newsround 24 November 2023
- The England Species Reintroduction Taskforce - the story continues 22 November 2023