Hatfield Moors, part of the Humberhead Peatlands National Nature Reserve (NNR) near Doncaster, continues to recover from the serious wildfire that affected a large part of the Moors in May and June. Areas that were burnt continue to green over …
Paul Duncan, Area Manager, Natural England updates us on the next steps for Hatfield Moor in the aftermath of the wildfire.
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Wildfire: Why following the Countryside Code is essential in reducing the risk of fires in the countryside 12 May 2022
- Licence issued for fifth year of hen harrier brood management trial 9 May 2022
- Offshore wind – best practice advice to facilitate sustainable development 13 April 2022
- Social Prescribing: the power of nature as treatment 12 April 2022
- Living England: From Satellite Imagery to a National Scale Habitat Map 5 April 2022