Natural habitats, such as peatlands, forests, saltmarsh and grasslands contain large amounts of carbon and will play an important part in reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions. There are two aspects to this: stopping emissions from damaged habitats and starting …
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- Natural England's Climate Change Adaptation Plan 28 January 2022
- An important step for England’s landscapes: welcoming the new Natural England Landscape Advisory Panel 27 January 2022
- Updates to planning guidance to help safeguard England’s protected species and ancient woodland, ancient and veteran trees 24 January 2022
- Have your say in shaping biodiversity net gain 11 January 2022
- Tony Juniper: second term is a chance to strengthen partnerships for Nature’s recovery 21 December 2021