In the wilderness of Surrey, I went on a tiger hunt. A hunt for tiger beetles, that is. I work for Natural England as a warden on the Thames Basin Heaths Special Protection Area. The heath tiger beetle should be widespread on my patch, but is sadly in massive decline.
Related content and links
Stories and updates from Natural England
We’re the government’s adviser for the natural environment, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy.
This blog gives an insight into our work.
- The Story of the Cotswold Water Park SSSI 30 September 2021
- Biodiversity Net Gain – more than just a number 21 September 2021
- Restoration Grants awarded to restore thousands of hectares of peatland 17 September 2021
- Shaping the future of Nature Recovery: Developing Local Nature Recovery Strategies 27 August 2021
- An update on another encouraging year for breeding Hen Harriers in England 13 August 2021